The Papyrus of Thôt – 4 nights
Discovering the Nile … A journey to passion for Egypt
Day 1: Louxor / Esna / El- Hagz
Arrived the day before at Luxor . Reception at the airport and transfer by private car to your hotel where you will spend the night. The next morning, transfer from your hotel to Esna (50 km south of Luxor) by private car. Boarding on the sandal. Visit the temple of the god Khnoum . Lunch on board. Navigation all afternoon. Dinner and overnight on board.
Day 2: l-Hagz / El Kab / Edfou
Breakfast on board. Navigation to El Kab , the ancient city of Nekheb. You can see the city, mainly the walls of King Nectanebo . The necropolis welcomed the families of the princes of the city in the Middle Empire and at the beginning of the XVIII dynasty in the New Empire. Lunch on board. Depart for the visit the temple of Edfu , the holy city of Horus and the temple built in his honor. This extravagant temple is the best preserved in all of Egypt. Navigation. Dinner and overnight on board.
Day 3: Djebel El Silsileh
Breakfast on board. Departure for the visit to Djebel El Silsileh (the mountain of the chain). Thousands of workers worked there, from the pharaohs of the 18th dynasty to the year 200 AD. Visit the temple of Horemheb , with the presence of stele-chapels which dedicate the offerings to the river. Lunch on board. Navigation. Possibility of a stroll in the palm groves . Dinner and overnight on board.
Day 4: Kom Ombo / Assouan
Breakfast on board. Departure for the visit to the temple of Kom Ombo , whose particularity is to be dedicated to two deities: Sobek (with crocodile head) and Horus (with head hawk). Lunch on board. Visit the city of Daraw where the camel market is held. Navigation to Aswan , dinner and overnight on board.
Day 5: Aswan
Breakfast on board. End of the cruise on the sandal. Transfer to your hotel in Aswan .
Cruise with privatization of the boat
The offer includes :
- 4 nights in sandals, full board (breakfasts, lunches, dinners and drinks – except alcohol)
- All transport by private air-conditioned vehicle
- English-speaking local guide
- Individual English speaking Egyptologist guide during your visit days
- All entries to the sites
The offer does not include :
- Telephone calls, laundry and other personal expenses
- Tips (boat staff and guide)
- International flights (airplanes)
- VISA (€ 15.- by passport upon arrival in Egypt)
- Repatriation assistance and insurance
Rates for 2 to 8 people on request
Additional options on demand
- Visit to Philae (from Aswan): € 30 .- / pers. Visiting time: between 2h and 2h30
- Visit of Aswan (small city tour): € 15 .- / pers. Visiting time: between 2h and 3h
- Visit of Aswan (city visit + museum): € 35 .- / pers. Visiting time: between 3h and 4h)
Additional options to complete your stay in Egypt
- Desert and oasis circuits: White Desert / Black Desert / Siwa Oasis / Bahariya Oasis / Dahkala Oasis / Farafra Oasis / Kharga Oasis
- Visit to Cairo, the pyramids and the Sphynx
- Mediterranean coast: Alexandria, etc., Sinai, Red Sea, Lake Nasser and Nubia