The Return of Sethos – 7 nights
Timeless Egypt … Navigate from one temple to another with the unchanging rhythm of the river.
Day 1: Louxor
Arrival at Luxor , reception at the airport and transfer by private vehicle to the sandal. Night on board.
Day 2: Louxor
Breakfast at the hotel. Crossing the Nile for the west bank , where the sun sets (the City of the Dead). Visit to the Valley of the Kings , then visit to Deir El-Medina . Continuation by the discovery of the impressive funerary temple of Ramses III at Medinet Habou . Passage in front of les Colosses de Memnon . Lunch on board the sandal. Navigation. With the sunset, visit the Luxor Temple , followed by a discovery of the city of Luxor . Dinner and overnight on board.
Day 3: Louxor / Esna
Breakfast on board. Visit to the temple of Karnak . This temple was dedicated to the god Amon but like many Egyptian temple, other gods and goddesses were venerated there. It is the oldest religious site in the world. Boarding and sailing aboard the sandal all day long, admiring the magnificent landscapes of the sacred Nile, while discovering the daily life of the peasants present by the river. Lunch, dinner and overnight on board.
Day 4: Esna / El-Hagz
Breakfast on board. Passage of the lock of Esna , visit of the temple of the god Khnoum . Lunch on board. Navigation to El Kab , the ancient city of Nekheb. You can see the city, mainly the walls of King Nectanebo . The necropolis welcomed the families of the princes of the city in the Middle Empire and at the beginning of the 18th dynasty in the New Empire. Dinner and overnight on board.
Day 5: Edfou / Wadi el Chatte
Day 6: Djebel El Silsileh
Breakfast on board. Departure for the visit to Djebel El Silsileh (the mountain of the chain). Thousands of workers worked there, from the pharaohs of the 18th dynasty to the year 200 AD. Visit the temple of Horemheb , with the presence of stele-chapels which dedicate the offerings to the river. Lunch on board. Navigation. Possibility of a stroll in the palm groves . Dinner and overnight on board.
Day 7: Kom Ombo / Assouan
Breakfast on board. Departure for the visit to the temple of Kom Ombo , whose particularity is to be dedicated to two deities: Sobek (with crocodile head) and Horus (with head hawk). Lunch on board. Visit the city of Daraw where the camel market is held. Navigation to Aswan , dinner and overnight on board.
Day 8: Aswan
Breakfast on board. End of the cruise on the sandal. Visit the temple of Philae (the pearl of Egypt) dedicated to the worship of the goddess Isis, then High dam giving birth to Lake Nasser. Transfer by private vehicle to the international airport for your return flight.
Price with privatization of the boat
The price includes :
- Tous les accueils par nos représentants et tous les transferts en véhicule privé climatisé durant votre séjour A/R
- 7 nights in sandals, full board (breakfasts, lunches, dinners and drinks – except alcohol)
- English-speaking local guide
- Individual English speaking Egyptologist guide during your visit days
- All entries to the sites
The price does not include :
- Telephone calls, laundry and other personal expenses
- Tips (boat staff and guide)
- International flights (airplanes)
- VISA (€ 15.- by passport upon arrival in Egypt)
- Repatriation assistance and insurance
Rates for 2 to 8 people on request
Additionnal options (on demand)
- Visit to Philae (from Aswan): € 30 .- / pers. Visiting time: between 2h and 2h30
- Visit of Aswan (small city tour): € 15 .- / pers. Visiting time: between 2h and 3h
- Visit of Aswan (city visit + museum): € 35 .- / pers. Visiting time: between 3h and 4h)
Additional options to complete your stay in Egypt
- Desert and oasis circuits: White Desert / Black Desert / Siwa Oasis / Bahariya Oasis / Dahkala Oasis / Farafra Oasis / Kharga Oasis
- Visit to Cairo, the pyramids and the Sphynx
- Mediterranean coast: Alexandria, etc., Sinai, Red Sea, Lake Nasser and Nubia